Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Melissa's Shirley Wild Woman Pandora


This is the canvas prior to stitching.  I used Amy Bunger's stitch guide and only made a few minor changes.  Let me just say...the boobs were hard to stitch.  You have to pad them with felt and then draw them out on smaller mesh canvas, stitch them and then sew them onto the padded boobs.  My husband says it looks like she is holding her boobs up...when in fact she is opening Pandora's box and letting the coils of evil out.
The above picture is where I deviated from Amy's stitch guide.  I wanted her hair to really look wild (wild woman) and so I needle felted her hair with various colors of wool.  I really liked the white because it scared her so bad when she opened the box that her hair went white! I also added some fuzzy stuff for highlights.  I found no tutorials for needle felting onto needlepoint canvas so I was scared to death.  I did make a video of how I  did it...it was surprisingly easy...maybe I will post it.
Here she is from far away...she will be joining Betsy Ross, Marilyn Monroe and Brunhilde to await my huge collage of wild women.  I got the idea for the giant collage from Daphne's Collection found on the www.melissashirley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment