Thursday, July 24, 2014

Melissa Shirley's Noah's Ark Stocking

 Here is a completed picture of my own stocking from a vintage Melissa Shirley canvas.  This is one of the first times I trusted my own instincts and did my own stitches.  I got some vintage thread off of ebay for the tigers...it's a really rough old wool with old fashioned tiger colors.
 I think the alligators are my favorite.  The teeth are beaded.  I like the panda's too!
 I beaded each heart/triangle decoration...that took forever!  So many beads!!!
 Another view of the top of the ark...I think the two matching birds are cute!

I used floche for the yellow background.

I started this in August of 2013 and finished it right around Christmas but it was too late for 2013 Christmas so this is the first year I will display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment