Saturday, August 23, 2014

Fiesta Creche by DeDe

 I love Facebook.  If you haven't joined, you need to get on over there and join Needlepoint Nation.  This was a mystery canvas until I posted it for the over 5,000 members to help identify...and guess what?  THE DeDe Ogden identified her own canvas.  It's debut was in 1975 and she says due to the popularity she is bringing it back-refreshed!  I absolutely love this canvas and I am having a great time stitching it.
 The baby Jesus looks very peaceful in his manger...the animals are keeping watch...well, the sheep is sleeping...but I am certain she is aware of His presence.  I love the cactus stitch...I got it out of the Stitch Landscape book by Little Shoppe...great book!
 Joseph looks a bit oriental...but perhaps he is just sleeping standing up...so tired from his travels.
 Close up of the cactus.
 Lots of french knots for the lamb.
Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment